Cornea Related Disorders
At Gill Eye Hospital, we offer a range of services related to cornea-related disorders. Our team of experienced ophthalmologists and specialized staff are dedicated to providing patients with the highest quality care and the latest treatment options. Some of the cornea-related disorders services we offer include:
- Corneal transplant surgery: Our hospital has the expertise and technology to perform various corneal transplant surgeries, including penetrating keratoplasty, deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty, and endothelial keratoplasty.
- Corneal cross-linking: This minimally invasive procedure is used to strengthen the cornea in patients with keratoconus, a condition in which the cornea becomes thin and cone-shaped.
- Pterygium surgery: We offer surgical removal of pterygium, a growth of tissue on the white of the eye that can affect vision.
- Corneal infections: Our team is trained to diagnose and treat various corneal infections, including bacterial, viral, and fungal infections.
- Corneal dystrophies: We provide specialized care for patients with corneal dystrophies, a group of genetic disorders that cause progressive damage to the cornea.
- Corneal abrasions: We offer treatment for corneal abrasions, a scratch on the surface of the cornea that can cause pain, redness, and blurred vision.
- Dry eye syndrome: We diagnose and treat dry eye syndrome, a condition in which the eyes do not produce enough tears or the tears evaporate too quickly.
At Gill Eye Hospital, we use the latest technology and techniques to provide our patients with the best possible care. Our team is dedicated to helping patients maintain healthy eyes and improve their vision.